29 Dec Copywriting Services at Silvertoad!
Posted at 13:29h
in Social Media / Online Marketing
Here’s why Silvertoad think it’s a good idea to source your copywriting needs through your design agency.
How long do you think it will take you to write a piece of copy? Not sure? Have a guess – then double it. Now grab a calculator and work out how much it will cost in your salary – that’s the first cost. Now think about what else you could have been doing with the time – that’s the second cost (called ‘opportunity cost’). You might not even have written great copy, which means you’ll probably lose out on sales too. So you’ve just ‘spent’ three times. Isn’t it better to just spend once and get a professional to do it for you?Here’s another thought. Companies are often quite prepared to spend money on corporate design and branding, and a website. I’ve seen some beautifully designed websites filled with some shockingly poor copy. It’s like buying a designer outfit for a red-carpet occasion and wearing it with muddy wellies. Think about the overall impression. Professional copy is as much a part of your brand as your logo (copywriters call it ‘corporate voice’). Get the copy wrong, or out of step with your design, and you risk sending mixed messages. And no-one likes those.4) Our MD writes everything.
My personal faviourite. See reason 1. Even if your MD is a copywriter (unlikely), or thinks they are (much more likely), their job is to run the company, not write copy. While they’re below decks writing the copy, who’s steering the ship? They must be stopped.
5) We use an agency.
OK – you’re at least getting an objective view on your marketing communications. But do take a minute to make sure the agency use a ‘proper’ copywriter. Designers are designers – copywriters are a different breed entirely. Yes, the two work hand in hand, and when they do the results can be impressive. Just make sure your agency is giving your work to a copywriter like Silvertoad always do, preferably a qualified one or one with proven experience (or both). And make sure it’s not a designer or account manager writing your copy.
Any other reasons? Let me know. Or even better, let me handle your next copywriting job and see for yourself how professional copywriting can make a difference to your business and sales results.
We Also Think Everybody Should Blog.
And here’s why:
- Blogging grows your platform as an expert and thought leader.
- Blogging allows you to share your expertise with the audience, giving you and your business a professional approach.
- By posting blogs to your business’ Facebook or Twitter page, you can engage with your audience via social media sites – a global method of today’s society.
- Importantly, blogging gives your business authority.
- This builds a trust between client and business. When potential clients search Google for an answer, they will see your expertise through the power of a blog. Your business is then positioned as the ‘reliable expert’.
- It is important to know that blogging will save you and your business a ton of money! Blogging is cheaper than paid advertising. It is not an interruptive procedure unlike cold calling, which can make your business look unprofessional.
- Blogging will enable you to build relationships with influencers. Other bloggers in your niche area can join discussions in your blog with you and vice versa. This opens up opportunities for potential partnerships – a huge benefit.
- Blogging can lead to additional revenue streams. As a small business, it is important to as much income as possible – something small businesses often struggle to get. Just by posting one blog, additional sources of income can be obtained.
- Blogging is a quick road to publishing – you can take a series of blog posts and put them together into an EBook. EBook’s look professional for a business, and these will speak to your audience, increasing your conversions. You can even get a book of your blog posts published into a physical book. This establishes your business further as an authority and expert.
- You can even release and advertise new products from your business via blogging.
Contact us on 01582 522 410 or [email protected]