13 Apr Make Your Website GDPR Compliant!
Posted at 12:02h
What is GDPR?
A new European privacy regulation which is being enforced and will permanently change the way you collect, store and use customer data.
Silvertoad is well placed to help you with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on 28th May 2018. We can work with you to develop a suitable framework to comply with the GDPR’s provisions.
IS YOUR SITE COMPLIANT?
Is your website compliant with the requirements of GDPR? Very likely not! Here are some of the best resources we’ve found on the upcoming GDPR regulations:
- Making Your Website GPDR Compliant – from Hallam
- GDPR Guide – from DigiDay
The Maximum fine for non GDPR compliance is currently £17,000,000 or 4 percent of annual global sales (whichever is greater)!
IS YOUR SITE SECURE?
The number one question is ‘Do we need to make sure our website has an SSL certificate in order to be GDPR compliant?’ The short answer is yes. Having an SSL certificate means your website is using HTTPS send data over an encrypted connection which is really good and the first step towards compliance.
WE CAN HELP!
We can work with you to develop a suitable framework and have put together a package to get your website up to date and complying with the GDPR’s provisions.
What does our service provide?
3. SSL Certificate – The purpose is to securely encrypt all the details that are entered into any forms or fields on a website. A must-have on e-commerce sites and now recommended for all sites in general.
4. Newsletter sign-ups – We will make sure the tick box that handles this subscription is set to the user has to OPT-IN and not opt out as well as adding un-subscribe function.
5. Enquiry & Contact forms – We will ensure that the details are not stored in the website’s SQL database unless stored with encryption. Amend and remove pre-ticked boxes to automatically sign the enquirer up to a newsletter.
6. Right to be forgotten – All websites must have the ability to remove any stored information held on customers.
The GDPR checklist work would take our web team 2 days to complete and we’re offering this package for £250.00 +VAT to ensure your website is fully GDPR compliant.
Remember this includes Purchase, installation and implementation of your websites SSL Certificate which is also offered separately at a cost of £150.00 +VAT if that’s all you require.
Get in touch now and we’ll help get your site up to GDPR standards! You can contact us via email [email protected] or call us on 0800 756 6800 to get things started.
Click here to read our email campaign on the upcoming GDPR regulations.
Silvertoad, based in Luton, Bedfordshire, provides a wide range of website design and development services, graphic design and printing solutions and a host of other marketing services.
Interested in taking your marketing to the next level? Feel free to contact our friendly customer services team to discuss how we can help you! Call us on 0800 756 6800 or email us at [email protected].